Hi Mark, hi all,

I totally agree with you. I am currently a CCDP and as a pre-sales engineer,
I do not have the opportunity to maintain the equipment.
Some of the questions of the CCDP track were already sometimes painful for
me (like which show command to use), although I find a command is the best
summary of 2 pages theory, and I agree commands must be part of the exams.
I would like to upgrade my skills to CCIE (now that CCDP has been degraded,
one year ago it was the highest cert for design), but as I understand CCIE
lab is really 'speed' of config and troubleshooting.
I don't see how I can prepare that on top of my normal job responsabilities,
and there's even no way my company would build a lab with that equipement.
It's only at cisco that they could afford to dedicate all this equipment to
a lab.
Now CCIE lab design has been retired for some time... I guess it will be
hard for them to find candidates in other companies that Cisco!!

Rgds
Laurent