To play devil's advocate a bit, at least in the design area, having
the greatest of certifications, unless you have a resume showing real
experience, will NOT get you a job in building large and complex
networks.

It could be a useful exercise to articulate the sort of
responsibilities for which a given certification will prepare you.
Cisco, frankly, should be doing this far more specifically than they
do.  While I always despair of Cisco taking any useful comment from
this list, such definitions could at least be suggested to them.

Let me try an analogy.  CID, ostensibly the pinnacle of design
information, teaches design principles for small to medium networks.
Since its inception, there's been a constant cutback in the critical
skills of determining requirements, partially driven by a desire to
showcase products.  This is most evident in the Stratacom material
taking up perhaps 5-10% of the course, time that could have been
spent in problem analysis, yet not remotely going into the design
principles of a WAN switched network. I could (and have) taken many
subjects that CID discusses in a couple of hours (e.g., addressing,
OSPF, BGP if it were even discussed, fault-tolerant load-shared
switching, and discuss them at useful length for 2 to 5 days).

The key thing to understand is what a certification would do for you.
I can't imagine that having a CCIE Design would have any useful
effect on my ability to get new jobs, but, on the other hand, I can
point to a resume of around 30 years of progressively responsible
results. My work isn't limited to Cisco alone.

So alternative ways of demonstrating advanced design experience
include participating in the IETF, writing books and articles, etc.
All to be considered in your career planning.