Hello group,

    I recently got a hold of a Catalyst WS-C1924C-A. I want to begin the
process of upgrading it to Enterprise edition. Problem is I can't get a
console on the switch. My original problem was getting something on my
HyperTerm/SecureCRT/tips/minicom whatever. I use to get garbage characters.
>From recent threads I read that I have to get a hold of a null modem cable
which I have. Problem now is when I type something on the emulator I
actually see my characters being typed in but I get no output on the screen.
The terminal setting are fine (9600 8N1).  Should I be rebooting the switch
and doing something before startup? I've tried holding down the mode button
as it starts up and nothing.  The documentation doesn't seem to specify
anything specific so that's what I'm asking here.

Thanks in advance!