Hi Mark,

Could it be that the router doesn't know where to send packets it is trying
to reply to? Try adding a static route to your gateway, so packets coming in
will know where to go (your gateway) once it arrives.

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 e0

That is one way of doing it. Please make suggestions if there is better way.
Of course you could use a routing protocol, but thats abit complicated when
all you want to do is telnet in.

Regards,

Albert