Hi,

To cut costs some people use Zero CIR.  BUT, this might connect to a remote end that
bases it's utilisation on CIR.   For example, a supplier might run a service from the
core to a frame switch at 2Meg with a CIR of 2Meg this will then cope with the entire
commited range to the serial port.  Say you have 10 people with Zero CIR connected and
4 with 512K.  The switch sees the ZERO with DE bits (all packets) what happens.  On
the floor they go.  Ring the supplier he might be symathetic to your problem.  My
guess is he will not only recommend you up your CIR but also charge you for the
inconvenience.

Remember there are two ends to all of this plus a middle you have no control over.
The CIR gives you the little control you might like.  The secret with CIR is to cover
yourself without buying more than you need.

Just some thoughts.

Teunis,
Hobart, Tasmania
Australia