Hello Everyone ,
          I am new on Cisco routers and Switches , I am facing a problem on
a new Cisco router 2610 which my company has purchased .
    I am able to telnet on to that router via other router , but I am not
able to configure with the console port , as soon as i start it with the
console port , it starts , displays the welcome message and then it shows
the status of the iinterfaces which has come up , but it does not come to
the user mode , ie cisco> prompt .
   When I telnet it from the other router I am able to log in giving the
telnet password and I am able to configure it then but I am not able to get
the prompt from my console which is on Windows Millemium , could anyone
guide me why this error is coming and how I may correct it .

thanks in advance,

Navin Parwal