You don't say what type of IDSN connection you have.  Is the customer
connecting from one site to another (internal) site?  Are they connecting
to an ISP?  Do you have control of both sides of the BRI (calling site and
called site)?
Just off the cuff, I'd suspect that there's a bad line card at the CO.  If
this is the case, it's totally possible for the telco tech guy to stress
the line and still not see the problem.  Unfortunately, I've encountered it
several times and it's often not easy to get a resolution.  The usual telco
response is "We don't have a problem...we've tested the line and it has to
be your equipment."  If you press them on the issue, they usually admit
that they're testing the B channels, but not really looking at what the D
channel is doing....and sometimes it's an error that doesn't appear until
the line has been operational for some time.  Ask them if it could be a
problem at one of the COs (either at the calling site or the called site)
and escalate it until you get someone willing to listen and actually check
into your problem.
Good luck....experience says that you'll need it. ;-)  Let the group know
how you make out.

Craig