it depends on your setup .....

but as a temporary mesure ...why don`t you download an eval copy of sniffer
pro 2.5....and plug it into switch connected closest to your server`s and
see what it has to say it can be very informative...and if you like it buy
it...

the cisco packages are good ...very good ,but maybe a little overpowering to
start with ....if i`m looking at a network i use sniffer ...tracking that
sort of thing...if i want detailed stats on cisco equipment ...then i go for
works......

But every body does it differently ....

Anybody??????

hth