I've done this configuration before.  It's relatively painless.

If you're using Cisco-to-Cisco equipment, you can create GRE tunnels at the
endpoints and encrypt them.  On the far-end, you'll have 2 tunnel
interfaces, one to each central site router.

If you run an IGP over the tunnels, then your routing protocol will make the
proper decisions regarding routes from the remote site.

At the Central site, you can have standby track the Tunnel interface - they
break (interface up, line protocol down)  if the end-to-end connectivity
between them disappears, in which case HSRP moves the standby address to the
next priority router.

If you're running BGP on your central (and remote) site internet access
routers, it makes the configuration more complex because you'll have to
redistribute your (default) BGP route into your IGP tables.  And you can
really only redistribute your BGP default at the Central site - at the
remote, you'll have to depend on the IGP.

IPSec does not carry routing protocols.  I've tried that, and there's no way
to peer your protocol over IPSec unless you use a GRE tunnel around it.

Beware MTU problems when you use GRE tunnels  ;-)  That was the most
difficult thing to overcome, because many applications in their Microsoft
implementations set the DF bit.

-e-

NetEng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
985n0a$j8s$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:985n0a$j8s$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Thanks to everyone for the help. My questions have been answered (for
now).
> What I'm trying to do is; I have multiple remote offices where I want to
> create a VPN tunnel across one provider to the corporate office. In case
> that the provider goes down, I need to have the second provider take over
> (with a new tunnel of course). The fail-over with BGP is the easy part.
The