One more comment, though. Tracking an additional interface may not meet his
needs since he said he was hoping for a router failover in the event "a
link goes down somewhere down the line." For that kind of behavior, you
would need a routing protocol. Routing protocols track failures in routes,
whereas HSRP only tracks failures in interfaces. Let me know if I'm wrong.
Obviously my HSRP knowledge is a bit dated. Thanks,

Priscilla