Hi Group,
      I have a problem regarding load balancing
distance vector protocols namely RIP I and IGRP.

I have 2x2500 routers connected via their serial
interfaces respectively, s0->s0 & S1->S1. I have
another router hanging off one of these Ethernet ports
just to add some dimension to the network.

It makes no difference wether or not I am in
fast-switching mode or process-switching mode (no ip
route-cache) the same debug output is generated for a
1000 ip ping test. Roughly speaking the load balancing
appears as 50 ish packets through S0 and then 50 ish
through S1. This is NOT what I expected !!!

I thought that in process-switch mode the packets
would alternate (S0,S1,S0,S1) etc.
And that in fast switching mode only one of the serial
interfaces would be utilised since per destination
load balancing would take place.

So, in a nutshell, the debug output is the same when
using RIP or IGRP also wether process-switched or
fast-switched.

I've included config's and debug output.

I'm wondering though if this is an architectural issue
with the 2500 routers having a flat memory space ???

Any thoughts welcome,

Regards,

Phil