Dennis Laganiere <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>     [ The following text is in the "iso-8859-1" character set. ]
>     [ Your display is set for the "US-ASCII" character set.  ]
>     [ Some characters may be displayed incorrectly. ]
>
> EIGRP works on multiple protocols, BUT: does it keep one table per
protocol,
> or separate versions of the Neighbor, Topology, and Routing tables for each
> protocol?

It keeps separate versions of Neighbor, Topology and Routing out of necessity
- frequently, the topology of the IPX, AT, and IP networks are different, and
even if they aren't, the routing metrics are.  However, it does use a common
single routing algorithm process (DUAL).  Cisco claims DUAL uses less CPU than
other routing protocols.

I got that information in a SmartForce CBT on Enhanced IGRP.