Hey guys,

I have two Cisco 4000 series routers with 4 serial interfaces each (DB60).
I recently bought some new cables and decided to try out the cables, and to
test out the interfaces for the first time since having the routers.

Anyway, whenever I connect either 1 of the 4000 series router to a 2501 or
the two 4000 series, I notice that the interfaces (seconds after enabling
the interface)changing to a down state (s0 up, line protociol down and some
times s0 down, line protocol down).  It is just a simple connection back to
back with RIP on the the interface.  It is not a clocking issue, because I
made sure to look into that.  I am thinking now that maybe it is the
intrface modules that is bad ....I could be wrong though.  Do you have any
suggestions.

Ray