If you look into the history of economic slowdown,
you'll see that we should have seen this coming much
before the administration change.  And actually it
started before the change was coming...

This slowdown however is much different than others.
The last two to three years are of a different bread.
There was Billions of dollars pupmed into the market
in potentially high growth areas and items such as the
Nasdaq were over inflated because of the artificial
expectation that was to come from the Internet.
Salaries soared and so did sales of high ticket items.
 The Bay Area shows this much more dramatically than
any other area.  Everyone was changing jobs and taking
a job that was one step ahead of their
qualifications... and the salaries followed suit, home
prices soared and so did the sale of big ticket items.
 On the cover of the local paper here there was an
article of a local MBZ retailer who stated that he is
writing 30 deposit return checks weekly.

There was a dramatic up in the market and a dramatic
decline.  At this time we are heading back into
reality and probably a bit into a recessionary period,
were interest rates (unless they get to the 3% mark)
will not have an effect.  The Internet is a flop, taht
is compared to what asperations we all had for it 1-2
years a go.  With the Internet goes the market.

People like Cisco and Sun sit on TV and cliam that the
.Gone boom is not the reason for their slowdown...
PLEASE!  Not less than a year ago were the dot gonners
buying Cisco and SUN equipment by the truck load (and
some of us were out there over sellign them like
crazy) they are gone now and so are 70% of the folks
who bough the 6500's and 7200's which Cisco shoved
down all their throats.

on teh CCXX issue.  All these companies needed to hire
folks to man their systems.  They had more money than
time so they paid them a huge mark up.  This effetced
other areas of the country (look at the population
boom in all the major technology towns.)  So with the
decline is sales and role outs go the people who
worked on the systems.  CCNA will be back doing junior
work and not pretending to know high level stuff.
People who can sell them selves and have skills will
command the 100-200k range (CCIE helps.)  Always
remember that an equaly qualified person with a CCIE
always wins out.

I also like to note that there are no *paper* CCIEs.

moe.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

=====