I respect Priscilla a lot, but I respectfully
disagree. I love Cisco the company. Its one of the
best run and tightest ships in the business. They will
be a winner for a long time to come.

However, they have a P/E of 52, and expectations of
lower earnings. P/E is typically 30 for a non-growth
company, so 45 or so would be a good mark for Cisco.
Since P/E will go up on bad numbers, which are already
anticipated and will occur, a further short term drop
of 4-7 points is not unreasonable. A stock buyback
could temporarly off-set this.

In addition, there is a boatload of money market money
in Cisco. Fund managers should be heeding a wake-up
call to diversify their funds. This will impact Cisco
further. Juniper and competition will also hurt, short
term.

Since capital is your tool, and Cisco is cash rich
(meaning your $100,000 investment today will not
change things for them directly), keep the cash, use
bonds, CDs and other investments to make some money,
keep cash for a longer-term downturn, and watch the
market like a hawk so that you are ready to go in with
a 'non dead-cat bounce' uptick. Don't try to 'time'
the market, but don't try to set the watch ahead
twenty minutes either. ;)

(I know this is O/T, but one cannot help but consider
these issues in light of the economy and
certifications (which are a risk/reward model
themselves - I spend $5000 to get certified, when do I
break even...)

And remember, we're still in a neutral or growing
economy with low unemployment. Most of us, me
included, haven't been through 'bad times.' My family
was very poor when I was young, so I've got a bit of
depression mentality, but I've still only seen the
'crash; of '87 as a high schooler.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

=====
Robert Padjen