I believe that answer D is correct and here is why

Vaslid hosts in the network 172.16.0.0/19 are as follows

172.16.64.1-172.16.95.254
172.16.128.1-172.16.159.254
172.16.192.1-172.16.223.254
172.16.32.1-172.16.63.265
172.16.160.1-172.16.191.254
172.16.96.1-172.16.127.254
.255 is broadcast

>>> "John Neiberger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 03/15/01 11:19AM >>>
I think I'll side with those who say there is no correct answer, but
there is an answer that's closer to being correct than the others.  :-)

The question is asking for a valid host in the 172.16.0.0/19 range.
Answer D is not in that range!  It is in the 172.16.64.0/19 network.
Valid host addresses in the 172.16.0.0/19 range are:

172.16.0.1 through 172.16.31.254

I would agree that by making a subtle adjustment to the question,
answer D is the only answer possible.  Given a /19 prefix length, the
only possible host address given in the answers is D, which forces us to
change the question to fit the answer.

This just appears to be a poorly worded question that not only allows
you to figure out the most-correct answer eventually but also forces you
to deduce what the actual question is in the first place.  <g>  In other
words, it's a typical Cisco test question!

Regards,
John

>>> "Arthur Simplina" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 3/15/01 8:46:27 AM >>>
d. 172.16.80.255

This belongs to subnet 172.16.64.0 with host range of 172.16.64.1 -
172.16.95.254.

Arthur