If you believe R. Giles All-in-One CCIE Study Guide pg45, Type 1 STP also
supports 100Base-TX.  I have discussed this issue with an engineer at Cisco
who implemented such a solution for Boeing.  I am now with a company who
also is currently implementing this solution and although I've not been
involved in the test phase, I've heard no reports of failures to connect at
100.  I'll try to verify if I can today.

Todd Bishop

H000013b012c1c3d.0985170007.jaka.cgo.cargill.com@MHS">news:H000013b012c1c3d.0985170007.jaka.cgo.cargill.com@MHS...