At 09:53 AM 3/23/01, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>   I found the answer to your question? what is 0000.0000.0001 ? it a default
>IPX address that Netware gives it's servers.

That's a network-layer address.

I've never seen 0000.0000.0001 at the MAC layer, which I'm pretty sure he
was asking about. Someone else said it was a locally-administered address,
but I don't think that's true. With a locally-administered address the
second bit transmitted is a 1. The address would be 02:00:00:00:00:01. We
have to assume since this is Ethernet that he told us the address in
canonical form (ugh).

We need more context to help. Where did he see this address?

Priscilla