At 10:09 PM 3/23/01, you wrote:

>Are you sure that the LAA bit applies to Ethernet?  I've never seen
>that defined as such in any doc.  Only for Token Ring.
>- Marty

It's in IEEE 802.3. I just checked. And I bet you have seen it used! How
about in DECnet networks? The MAC address gets changed to be based on the
network-layer address and to start with AA.

So, unless I'm twiddling the bits wrong, which is possible, since it is
early Saturday morning, and I didn't get enough sleep, I think that's an
example of an Ethernet locally-administered address.

Priscilla