Subject: Re: Teleos switch
From: Kevin Baumgartner <kbaumgar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 10:02:03 -0800

----

I have one in the lab and it works well once you get it setup and set the
right
spids, phonenumbers and switch type. Getting there can be a pain.
With my Teleos I don't let anyone change the configuration once it is
working.

  There is no such thing as a default switch type. You need to configure per
BRI or PRI port the switchtype, spids (if required) and phonenumbers.
You need to use configuration utility called NMC to do this.

  So if you can get a copy of NMC and have a look at the per port
configurations
this will tell you the switchtype. The other thing I have found with the
teleos
is that if you configure the phonenumbers for either 4 digit or 7 digit you
may
have to have a 8 or 9 as the first digit to dial between ports. With my
setup I have
to dial 8 and then 4 digits for the phonenumber.

  Kevin