Actually, the IP helper command is placed on the
interface that is recieving the broadcasts. Now you
have to decide which router is supposed to recieve the
broadcasts. But in usual case, Clients usually try to
communcate with the PDC for authentication and other
stuffs. So, i think it would work to configure ip
helper-address w.x.y.z on the ethernet interface of
router 1 only (where w.x.y.z is the ip address of your
PDC, but if you have multiple PDCs then you have to
give the directed-broadcast address and also have to
use ip directed-broadcast command).

I hope this will work

Muhammad Khalilullah
CCNP, MCSE

--- David Eitel  wrote:
> I have two routers connected via  serial point to
> point link. Router 1 has
> an ethernet segment with PDC info I want forwarded
> to Router 2 ethernet
> segment. No ip directed broadcast is configured on
> all interfaces. I want
> netbios traffic passed from one segment to the
> other. I have placed an IP
> helper-address statement on the ethernet interface
> needing the help. Do I
> need to use the ip helper-address on all interfaces
> to the source ip
> helper-address? Is the ip forward-protocol also
> necessary? Any advice would
> be greatly appreciated
>
> David Eitel
[EMAIL PROTECTED]