The PIX doesn't support NTP (either to poll from or server).  You'll want to
have your external router polling a few outside sources, and have it provide
clock for the inside.  NTP uses udp/123, so if you right a tight firewall
that's what you have to open up to that outside router.  Also, lower end
IOS/older routers don't support the full NTP protocol, but often do support
SNTP.

I'd also suggestion setting your logging to use localtime, and establishing
your timezone:
service timestamps debug uptime
service timestamps log datetime msec localtime show-timezone
clock timezone PST -8
clock summer-time PDT recurring

! full NTP support
ntp master
ntp server 63.192.96.2
ntp server 63.172.195.4
ntp server 132.239.254.5

I suggest first setting the servers, then make sure that you can sync, and
then set the master (otherwise it may sync with itself if the others don't
work, but say "syncronized" even though it isn't sync'd to anything
external).  Check it out with:

show ntp associations
show ntp status

! sntp only server:
sntp server 63.192.96.2
sntp server 63.172.195.4
sntp server 132.239.254.5

>From here you only get:
show sntp

--
Jason Roysdon, CCNP+Security/CCDP, MCSE, CNA, Network+, A+
List email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]