From: Circusnuts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 19 April 2001 17:00
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Allowing the DNS in a config ??? [7:1240]

Hey all- I'm setting up my home network with a dual Ethernet 2500.  I have
most the config written for PAT (or NAT Inside Overload), better know as
"TOO
CHEAP TO PAY FOR EXTRA IP'S" :o)  I'm @ a loss as far as how to get the
Cisco
to resolve Domain Names or pass through that access.

Let me be less specific & give the symptoms...

I have the router up & translating address (many 10. addresses to on outside
IP).  I can Ping anything out on the Internet, but I am not able to get
WebPages to resolve on the PC or Ping anything with a Domain Name (router or
PC).  The cable company has everything to obtain Dynamically on the PC.
There
are no DNS, Proxy, or default gateway settings in the PC control panel.

Firewall#sh run
Building configuration...

Current configuration:
!
version 12.0
service timestamps debug uptime
service timestamps log uptime
no service password-encryption
!
hostname Firewall
!
enable password Phil
!
ip subnet-zero
!
interface Ethernet0
 ip address 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.0
 no ip directed-broadcast
 ip nat inside
!
interface Ethernet1
 ip address 24.X.X.72 255.255.255.0
 no ip directed-broadcast
 ip nat outside
!
ip default-gateway 24.X.X.1
ip nat pool Molly 24.X.X.72 24.X.X.72 netmask 255.255.255.0
ip nat inside source list 1 pool Molly overload
ip classless
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 24.X.X.1
!
access-list 1 permit 10.1.1.0 0.0.0.255