Hello,

If I understand you correctly, you want the router to act as a DNS server
or to at least allow the DNS through it? As you probably know, the router
can't act as a DNS server, it can act as a DNS client. It should be able
to pass the DNS traffic along since I see there are no access-lists
stopping it. I would configure your PC with a DNS server from your ISP
manually, as well as the gateway, and proxy settings. Do you have a
firewall between your PC and the router that might be blocking the DNS
traffic ?

-Daniel-

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Circusnuts wrote:

> Hey all- I'm setting up my home network with a dual Ethernet 2500.  I have
> most the config written for PAT (or NAT Inside Overload), better know as
"TOO
> CHEAP TO PAY FOR EXTRA IP'S" :o)  I'm @ a loss as far as how to get the
Cisco