Working for one of these providers now (and the other in the past) my 2
cents is that BGP implementations are almost always ugly no matter who you
choose.  Most sales people who are responsible for filling out your order
form have no clue as to what BGP is or does and therefore do not get all of
the required info that engineering needs to implement a BGP session between
you and the ISP. My advice is that no matter who you choose get a copy of
the order form and make sure you fill out all of the requested information
relating to BGP yourself . DO NOT RELY ON THE SALESPERSON to do this for you
correctly. Once the order is complete ask to have it gone over on a call
with the engineering team that is going to implement your connection. Make
sure they have everything they need. They may ask for the routes you plan on
advertising as well as router configs and information about other BGP
sessions you are running with other providers. Lastly, remember, the ISP is
not responsible for configuring your router. Many of the folks that request
to use BGP instead of static routes are terribly unprepared to configure
their equipment properly. If you want to be on the biggest, badest network
out there (Qwest just went to a fully OC-192 backbone running on the Juniper
M160 platform) you probably dont want to go with AT&T's 100 year old legacy
network ;-)

Ed Dombrowski