It's all going to depend on the luck of the draw as to the engineer you get,
I think, at least to some degree (same is true of Cisco TAC, and they're the
top as far as support goes, IMHO).  Mind you I've only turned up two BGP
connections, but Sprint was totally on the ball and great to work with.
WorldCom/UUNET was incompetent and I had to walk him through a number for
things like getting a default route advertised from them, what customer-only
routes mean, etc. (lucky for me I did them after Sprint).  Check Boardwatch
for ISP costs and latency comparisons.  WorldCom is directly connected to
nearly 50% of prefixes advertised.  I believe Sprint has like 30%.

http://www.boardwatch.com/

--
Jason Roysdon, CCNP+Security/CCDP, MCSE, CNA, Network+, A+
List email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]