When I mentioned all those other companies like Sun and HP, I hope I didn't
come off as trying to bash them and implying that Cisco was somehow better
than they were.  Those companies may well have chosen to respond to the
economic downturn by taking care of their employees in their own way.

But I think it is safe to say that Cisco has acted in a much more humane
manner than places like Marchfirst and the dead dotcoms.   I tell you, not
only denying severance benefits (or providing severance checks that bounce),
but also refusing to pay workers their backwages and expenses, it doesn't
get much more dishonorable than that.

http://www.business.com/directory/computers_and_software/cisco_systems/peopl