On Wed, 9 May 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

|Do you disagree based on the idea that you can blame someone
|when a problem occurs?  While it may be nice to know you can
|point a finger at someone when there are problems, I believe its
|better to eliminate the source of the problem to begin with.

what i was trying to say is that there is not much that can be done about
human error, as you have mentioned it happens and will always happen (well
there is alot but i think it would be best to disscuss that offline). so i
just wanted to get rid of that thought and focus on the switches, in this
case cisco switches.

you also need to seperate ideals from reality (a problem i have), there is
no way someone building a network in africa is going to waste a switch for
every service, when venders get the rfi on this it is up to them to meet
the requirements and if they lie about security ... we then can point :-)

thanks )

--
jacques