Rashid,

> I am thinking of replacing my collection of 25xx routers with modular
> routers to practise lab scenarios for CCIE.

You should be able to practice the majority of lab simulations on your
2500's, unless you were thinking of purchasing some ATM gear.

> Please can you advise whether it would be advisable to get rid of my 2511
> and buy a 2-Port Asynch NM to give my my 16 Asych RJ45 feeds.

The async modules seem very expensive and just take up a good port on your
2600/3600, that could be used for something else.  If you are only using it
for reverse telnet, there is no need to spend the money to upgrade to a
2600/3600.

Don't forget that the 2511 also has two serial ports that can be used in
your lab, a lot of people seem to think that the 2511 is only good as an
access server and nothing else.

> I am also thinking of buying a 4-Port Serial T1 Card for my 3600, to give
me
> 6 Serial interfaces to practise most FR scenarios, instead of buying a
> 2521/2522.

I have a 2621 and 2611 each with 2 x WIC-2T modules, for a total of eight
serial ports.  You can configure the routers as a frame relay switch and
tunnel PVC's between individual boxes to provide an eight-way frame relay
switch.  This leaves the NM slots available for voice or ATM or whatever
else you wanted to install.

As your router is a 3600, you could also add an NM-2E2W and 2 x WIC-2T
modules so rather than just four serials to a slot, you get 4 serial and 2
ethernet interfaces.  Or as an added bonus a NM-1E1R2W and 2 x WIC-2T, to
give you 1 ethernet, 1 token ring and 4 x serial.

> coupled with my regular 2600 with FE, 1003, and 2 x 1750's 4v's (2xFXS
Cards
> & Bri) . I think I should have enough routers to practise even complex
> scenarios.

I think you would be better served by keeping the 2511 and perhaps getting
rid of a 2500 (or two) to get some modules for the 3600.

Hope this helps.

Adam Burgess
Brisbane, Australia