On Thu, 17 May 2001, Rashid Lohiya wrote:

> Hi,
>
> my currently lab setup at home.I need a little advice.
>
> I am thinking of replacing my collection of 25xx routers with modular
> routers to practise lab scenarios for CCIE.
>
> Please can you advise whether it would be advisable to get rid of my 2511
> and buy a 2-Port Asynch NM to give my my 16 Asych RJ45 feeds.
>
> I am also thinking of buying a 4-Port Serial T1 Card for my 3600, to give
me
> 6 Serial interfaces to practise most FR scenarios, instead of buying a
> 2521/2522.

bad idea in my opinion.  A NM-4T is going to cost you $1000-$2000.

In contrast, an FSIP4 for a 7000 is only about $200.  FSIP8 about $500.
NP-4T (4000 series) $400.  See my point?

> coupled with my regular 2600 with FE, 1003, and 2 x 1750's 4v's (2xFXS
Cards
> & Bri) . I think I should have enough routers to practise even complex
> scenarios.
>
> I believe the modular routers will hold their value better than the 2500's.
>
> Any thoughts on the subject would be greatly appreciated
>
> Rashid Lohiya
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 020 8509 2990
> 07785 362626
> www.pioneer-computers.com

    I'm buying / selling used CISCO gear!!
            email me for a quote

Brian Feeny,CCDP,CCNP+VAS Scarlett Parria
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
318-213-4709              318-213-4701

Netjam, LLC               http://www.netjam.net
333 Texas St.             VISA/MC/AMEX/COD
Suite 1401                30 day warranty
Shreveport, LA 71101      Cisco Channel Partner
toll free: 866-2NETJAM
phone:     318-212-0245
fax:       318-212-0246