What kind of real achievement are you talking about ?
When u study for your degree or diploma in university/institutes, u are
still fresh and have not gone out to experience working live outside school
environment right ? However, you studied hard for that paper (probably
memorized the subject), obtain the paper so that you can get the passport to
get job. Then only u can get the real working experience that u are talking
about.
U don't get REAL WORKING EXPERIENCE in school !!!!

Same goes here, it is ok for someone to study hard for the paper and after
obtaining it, they can actually put it to good use as in getting a job.
However performing the job, as in let's say, configuring a cisco switch, is
another issue altogether.
I know and you know that you have the cert as well as little knowledge on
how to go about doing it.
I am sure everybody will agree on the point that you can always get relevant
help and resources from cisco site or from this or other  study groups like
this to work your way around the problems.

I think some people like the word BRAIN DUMP so much that it has become a
tool to use it against inexperienced ones...Stop that OK.
It may be wrong on Kevin part to loudhailed out proudly that he has done it
without any experience on switches but I could only interpret his action as
over exaggeration and not as comment on those experienced ones. If are a
experience, then it will be better for you as u need only to concentrate on
uncertain areas.

Rememer practising in Home LAB will only get you some experinces
only.....The REAL EXPERINCE comes in when you go out to work in various
environments and touch various hardwares.....Sadly not everybody has the
chance to do it. Some will get more of it and other will touch some or none
of it.

cheers.