Join Toastmasters.  It is an organization for the purpose of helping people
become better speakers, give presentations, gain more self-confidence and
such.

http://www.toastmasters.org/

Check this link for some of their tips:
http://www.toastmasters.org/tips.htm

I can go on and on, but it is best to check it out for yourself.  It is a
great organization!

-Edward