Ask your manager to send you to a class on doing presentations. You
shouldn't be expected to do this without training any more than the junior
engineers can do their jobs without training. In a training class, you will
get a chance to practice in a safe environment. You will also learn how to
handle questions.

A helpful tip is to keep in mind that you are the expert. The students
signed up for the class because they want to learn from you. If they get
disruptive, the best approach is to stand right beside the disruptive
person so all eyes in the classroom are drawn to him.

To avoid the jitters, stick to decaf! ;-) Good luck!

Priscilla

At 06:37 AM 5/19/01, Rashid Lohiya wrote:
>Hey Guys,
>
>I am a CCNP with 15 yrs of network experience, I am well travelled in the
>course of my work.
>
>I think I generally know what I am doing, but have great difficulty
>explaining myself to more junior staff.
>
>I can design/configure/troubleshoot networks and create accurate
>diagrams/documents/reports etc.
>
>As I am the Senior in my department, my boss is expecting me to help train
>the 6 x new trainees/graduates that are in the Network department. I once
>had to give a presentation and I was shaking and stuttering and I must have
>seemed insecure and unconfident. I was lost for words and really stressed. I
>was sweating and confused, I knew the answers to their questions, but I just
>could not explain to them.
>
>Any tips on how to overcome this?
>
>Rashid Lohiya
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]