Hello!

I was wondering if anyone had run across a book that recommends products to
use in certain situations? There seems to be so many solutions, and modules
that you can add to each product, that I am confused about when you would
want to take one route over another.

For example, say the situation calls for the multiplexing of a few T1s. The
book might say you can do this with this series of routers, just adding this
module, and following these procedures:

And it might say, you can also accomplish this by attaching this sort of
equipment to a serial interface; however, there are some drawbacks and here
is what they are:

(Those examples are completely made up, and I don't know what I'm talking
about!)

I would hope to find something like this in a design book of somekind, but I
haven't even looked at any.

Thanks for the help,
Mike