So are you saying that what Radia wrote is outdated and that MPLS is indeed
significantly faster than straight IP forwarding?  Bill St. Arnaud and
Howard Berkowitz would emphatically disagree with that, so could you point
me to some evidence supporting this contention that MPLS is indeed much
faster?

Not trying to flame, just trying to learn.