Let's think about the Lab exam...

Ip and Ipx you know are going to be there.
You'll probably see Ethernet, FastEthernet, TokenRing, Frame relay, ISDN,
Analog Dial, Sync and Async Serial, t1s and t3s.
I would expect to be told to configure a router as a Frame-relay switch and
an Access Server.
I'd also expect to see some bridging and tunneling.
They've put a lot of money into MLS and Encrypttion so that'll probably be
there.
Vlans and trunking for sure.
And You would probably want something with a VIP so you could get a feel for
how that works.

>From that, I would say that the following is a good start, with guestimated
ebay prices.
MLS, Vlans, Connectivity to devices,
Flexible, but you want he router to work as an MLS-RP, and be able to do
several types of trunking..
Cat 5k - 1300
7000 - 1500-2500 depending on config.
Token ring card for 5k and/or MAU
Cat 19xx - 400
Cat 29xxXL - 800
Isdn...
You'll want two ISDN capable devices
804 - 250
2503 - 700
and an ISDN simulator - 800-1000  (these are cheaper if you buy the kind
that takes an NT-1
Frame-Relay switch...
Pick any one..
Ags - 200  or 4000 - 750/1000 or Some other router with at least 4 serial
ports.
Fastethernet/vlans/trunking...
2620 - 1200
Access Server/analog dial
Pick any one
2509 - 800
2511 - 700 (It doesn't make any sense why this one goes for cheaper!)
2522 - 800 (kind of rare, but handy.. 1 eth, 2 Sync Ser, 8 async ser and 1
BRI)
Routers for Ospf, bgp, eigrp, bridging, ip, and ipx
Pick any 2, it would be nice if you could get one or two with the Wic-t1-dsu
cards in them
2501 - 500
2610 - 800
4000 - 750/1000
1720 - 500
Rack to mount it in..
Pick one
Rack 150.00
Cabinet 500.00
Cabling
DB-60 crossovers, plus whatever other weirdness they throw at you..
A pair of real external csu-dsu's, so you don't freak out if you have to
configure one.
T1 crossover cables,
Power.