actually, this is an ON-TOPIC conversation

I actually posted this as a proposition in a post a few weeks ago, and then
started getting the equipment.

What I have right now is
1 CPA-2511 (terminal server - very important in the CCIE Lab) - can also
double as a router
1 2504 (T/R, 2 ser, 1 BRI)
3 2514 (dual Eth, 2 ser)
1 4000 (NP-2E, NP-4T) doubles as a Frame Relay switch and a router
1 4500 (NP-2R, NP-8B)
1 4500 (NP-2R, NP-8B, NP-4T)
1 Merge ISDN simulator
back-to-back 60-pin cables (DTE to DCE)
DSU's
MAU's
etc.

That's 8 routers with which I can do many (if not all) of the exercises and
lab practices that are in the public domain and the textbooks.

I'm not going to work the ATM part of the CCIE lab at home - I've got some
experience with both LANE and with establishing IP over PVCs.  The voice
part I will have to buy using some on-line lab time, and also using a CIM.
The Catalyst 5000 part is something that I have available here at work on an
idle unit.

Take a look at some of the scenarios at www.fatkid.com and see what he used
for his setup.  Also, do a web search on CCIE lab and see what you get for
hits on that.

good luck and have fun shopping for equipment.

-e-