From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 7:22 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: CCIE Home Lab? [7:5832]

Don,

My lab consists of :
1 2514 Dual-eth
3 2501's for BGP labs
2 4000's and a 4500 w/ various combinations of NPs (Eth, Serial, BRI, Token,

etc.)
*I think these are a great buy on ebay because you can change out the
different NP's to adapt to the particular lab config you want to
acheive.....I also loaded mine with 16dram 8flash and 11.3 IP/IPX/AT/DEC.
1 2948G
2 1912's with Enterprise
1 2509 for Reverse Telnet (you can also get CS-508's & CS-516's on ebay,
which are a cheaper type of Terminal Server w/o the Serial
Interfaces.....just an Eth port.)
1 Teltone ISDN Simulator (I got this on a trade of some equipment with my
local community college......a STEAL!!!!.....of course, to do the ISDN labs,

you can also get 2 ISDN circuits for a couple of months if you can afford
it.
I agree with Stogieman that the ATM and Voice stuff is probably easier doing

by renting some rack time from Fatkid (plug,plug!) or
ipexpert.net.........they have a SWEET setup......13 routers, a Frame
Switch,
an ATM switch, voice capabilities, ISDN Sim,etc...
* I would also suggest buying your cables in bulk....ebay,ebay,ebay!!!!
Good Luck and, remember, you can sell it all when you're done and take a
vacation :)
Robert Hugo
CCNP+Voice, CCDP, MCSE
Network Engineer/DSL