Hello everyone,

Just wondering if anyone out there has come across this same issue:

I am currently working on a site where each office in the building (29
offices) will be connected to a pair of 2924XL switches, and each office
will also be in its own vlan (and therefore have its own network, routed
between at the router).

The problem is the client wants to use DHCP, so that people in the offices
can simply plug in and away they go.  But how would you go about
implementing a DHCP server in this situation??  In order to allocate an
address from the appropriate range, the DHCP server needs to be aware of the
VLAN that the client DHCP request came from.  I have not been able to find a
DHCP server that has this capability whatsoever.  I am sure this has been
done before - does anyone know how or have any suggestions??

Any help much appreciated!  Please copy my email address in on the reply as
well as to the group.

Thanks!

Sam.