I ran into a similar problem with a 4006 using the 4232-L3 with 3524XL's in
the closet.
You could see the DHCP request come accross to the server but the server
never would
reply.  For the 4232-L3, there's a known DHCP bug (even in the latest code)
regarding
address rewriting when forwarding the DHCP request in the event the DHCP
server's
primary pool for that subnet is unavailble.  This bug concerns the
forwarding of
packets, not the 4232-L3 acting as a DHCP server itself.  Not sure how far
this bug
might reach.

Tighe

assignment from the propper pool should the primary pool be unavailble.

Tighe Kuykendall
Senior Systems Engineer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
828.251.3204