Certain TFTP daemons do not support file sizes over 16M. It is nothing to do
with the Cisco side of things. There are now patches available for most
systems.
When we were kids we never thought that anyone would want to 'trivially' xfer
anything as big as 16M

Have a goog weekend all

Dom

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          Alex Lee     |
|        |               |
|        |          Sent by:     |
|        |          nobody@groups|
|        |          tudy.com     |
|        |                       |
|        |                       |
|        |          01/06/2001   |
|        |          15:31        |
|        |          Please       |
|        |          respond to   |
|        |          Alex Lee     |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->

  |       To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                         |

cc:                                                                  |
  |       Subject:     Re: Uploading IOS on 2500 via AUI
[7:6687]              |
  |       Header:      Internal Use
Only                                       |

Please elaborate what do you mean by 'For IOS file greater than 16M, you
can't use TFTP' ?

""Vincent Chong""  wrote in message
> If you use the following to upload the IOS into your router.
>
> TFTP, FTP, RCP.
>
> I do not see any problem.
>
> Note: For IOS file greater than 16M, you can't use TFTP.
>
> TIA
> Vincent
>
> ""Sean C.""   Hi Group,
> >
> > I'm uploading a new IOS on a 2509.  I've verified I have enough
Ram/Flash
> on
> > the 2509 for the new IOS.  I have to use the available memory pumping
the
> > new IOS on, so I'm going to have to squeeze the old IOS off before doing
> the
> > new upload.
> >
> > To do the upload, can I go through the AUI interface, via a transceiver,
> and
> > use a cross-over cable attached right to the Ethernet port on my PC
> > (assuming I use proper IP addresses)?
> >
> > I've done this a few times on 2600's (doing a cross-over between the
2600
> > Ether and my PC) but have never put a transceiver into the mix.
> >
> > TIA,
> > Sean C.
> >
> > CCNP, CCDP, MCSE
> > Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]