Mike,

    Thanks for the response.

    I have tried both inside and outside the same subnet (intra vs inter
VLAN) on the one switch.  Did not see any difference that is why I assume I
am not stressing the equipment sufficiently to see the difference.  Can you
recommend a scenerio that would stress the configuration that does require
anything more than a handfull of laptops (i.e. some software product), or
should I setup some X number of FTP stations to one server and retest?

    Again, thanks, I have been able to see the benefit of channeling and
trunking and ..... but have been unsuccessful with the MLS.

    Priscilla,

    I found that the configuration of MLS was somewhat cumbersome (not
necessarily difficult) when using an RSM.  I just followed the steps laid
out in the CCIE Lan Switching book (dare I say bible) by Clark&Hamilton page
483 , the switch side MLS is enabled by default and no other config is
necessary if your using an RSM in the switch. Although I did test the
various settings (dest, dest-sourc and so on).

Regards,