Hello all......

Passed the BCRAN with an 898 today.....  not a bad exam.  A couple of
"vague" questions (or questions that seemed to have more than one correct
answer but only one answer was asked for).  Even took time to write some
comments and finished in 35 minutes.

One HUGE gripe:  The Cisco Press book had a huge chapter on the Cisco 700.
The Exam Cram Remote Access book had a pared down chapter on the 700 just
highlighting the stuff you need to know for the exam (which was nice).  I
had maybe 2 or 3 questions about the 700 series.  BOTH books had a single,
small paragraph on the 1600 series tho saying it's for branch not SOHO and
takes a WIC card.  THAT'S IT!  I went through all 4 quizzes in both of the
Boson BCRAN exam 1 and 2 (over 400 questions) and I kept getting hammered
with questions about the Cisco 1600 and what interfaces the different models
had (something neither book had any details about).  Lucky for me I tried to
take note, instead of blowing it off, because I got as many if not more
questions about "Which model of 1600 has a 56K/ISDN/Serial port" than I did
about the Cisco 700.  I have to say that I'm disappointed that there were so
many questions about the 1600 series compared to the 700 series, yet the
Cisco Press and Exam Cram book barely mentioned them!!!!  I can't believe
the Cisco Press book dedicated a very lengthy chapter to the 700 with so few
questions on the exam while virtually ignoring the 1600!  KUDOS TO BOSON for
making practice exams that not only are a good simulation of the real exams
but also covered material that exam creators didn't even include in their
own study book (Cisco!).  I owe my 898 to Boson for hammering me with 1600
questions and letting me get the info I needed for the real exam while I was
practicing for it.

Now on to Support for CCNP then CID for CCDP!!!!  Woohoo!

Thanks to everyone for the group...... seeing people in the group talking
and passing exams motivates me to keep going!

Mike W.