At 04:48 PM 6/11/01, hal9001 wrote:
>Priscilla,
>
>You asked for this one, if the Cisco Press Book for CID is off topic (a
>bit?) then can you state a better source, I'm not asking for testimonials
>here but just a targeted source for exam success.

The Sybex book is good for CID. In this case the author took the test many
times to make sure the book covers what's really on the test. Since Cisco
seems to be incapable of explaining accurately what is really on the test,
that's the only way to know for sure.

The CID version control is out of control and could affect the decision on
which book is best. The course outline (which says version 3.0) here
includes VPN, voice and video stuff. But I know that 3.0 really doesn't
include those topics.

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/front.x/wwtraining/CELC/index.cgi?action=CourseDesc&COURSE_ID=321

The list of the exam objectives here are the list of objectives that I
wrote for each chapter in 1995 for Version 2.0. Seriously. Notice that the
list doesn't cover WAN Switching, for example, which is, in fact, in 3.0.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/10/wwtraining/certprog/testing/current_exams/640-025.html

So it's truly a mess. Sorry I can't be more help. Everyone I knew at Cisco
got laid off! ;-)

Priscilla

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com