I found myself writing this paragraph for a new writing project:

When NetBEUI and SNA are used on Ethernet networks, they take advantage of
the reliability of LLC Type 2. Because NetBEUI and SNA are legacy
protocols, the use of LLC Type 2 is diminishing. However, it is still
important to learn LLC Type 2 because WAN protocols, such as High-Level
Data Link Control (HDLC) and Link Access Procedure on the D Channel (LAPD),
also known as ITU-T Q.921, are based on LLC Type 2. (Cisco's HDLC is
non-standard and is not based on LLC Type 2, however. Cisco's HDLC is
connectionless.)

Do I have it backwards? Are HDLC and LAPD based on LLC2, or is it the other
way around? Any other lies you can pinpoint in my paragraph? I know it's a
bit awkward still. I will polish it. ;-) Thanks for your help!

Priscilla

Thanks for your help!

Priscilla

Priscilla Oppenheimer