From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of
Kane, Christopher A.
Sent:   Wednesday, June 13, 2001 1:20 PM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        RE: LLC Type 2 [7:8262]

Where can you get manageable copies of the original specifications? I've
only been in this environment for 3 1/2 years, I'm trying to grasp as much
knowledge as possible as quickly as possible. Reading certification books
seems like a good first step. My goal is to someday be precise to the point
of being able to quote RFCs and original specs. Does anyone have any book
recommendations or do I have to keep downloading RFCs?

My reading list right now includes:

Various Cisco Press books (taking CID test tomorrow)
Computer Networks 3rd edition (Andrew S. Tanenbaum)
Designing Routing and Switching Architectures for Enterprise Networks
(Berkowitz)
IPSEC (Doraswamy)

Christopher A. Kane, CCNP/CCDA