This whole conversation rocks..........   For the record, I'm not a Cisco
zombie.....   I read and learn what I can using the internet and books for
exams, but I in no way take this information to be "law".  For that matter I
just had a quite interesting discussion with my brother-in-law about
science, and how a true scientist is willing to realize that science itself
is a chaning, adapting set of rules..... (i.e. how Einstein's physics showed
the flaws in Newtonian physics, which was "the law" for hundreds of years)
Same with ones understanding of networking, especially if a majority of that
networking knowledge was gained through study books from one or two
sources....  With something like the history of LLC or SDLC, I can see how
it would literally take someone who lived it to give concrete evidence on
how things came to be......

Very good discussion!

Mike W.