Has anyone ever heard of network traffic that's sourced from a multicast
ethernet address?  I've seen error messages on a Catalyst 4000 that reads:

%SYS-4-P2_WARN- 1/Invalid traffic from multicast source address
45-00-05-dc-73-a6 on port 1/1

I know that address isn't a multicast address but it's not registered to any
Ethernet vendor codes either.  Cisco says this is probably from a traffic
generator (like SmartBits) but I don't think that's being run anywhere.  Has
anybody seen this MAC address or something like it?

Thanks,

-Michael Cohen