I think he said he has one DHCP server, so this example shows three
different DHCP servers.  Also, in this example you will not need an IP
helpder address for the DHCP server that is connected directly to this
segment, in this example you will not need "ip helper-address 10.70.48.48"
under interface vlan 1.

One common application that requires helper addresses is Dynamic Host
Configuration Protocol (DHCP), which is defined in RFC 1531. DHCP protocol
information is carried inside of BOOTP packets. To enable BOOTP broadcast
forwarding for a set of clients, configure a helper address on the router
interface closest to the client. The helper address should specify the
address of the DHCP server. If you have multiple servers, you can configure
one helper address for each server. Since BOOTP packets are forwarded by
default, DHCP information can now be forwarded by the router. The DHCP
server now receives broadcasts from the DHCP clients.

It's not that Cisco thinks should be forwarded as well but the "ip
helper-address" by nature of it's feature forward all this UDP broadcast.
It is correct to limit these UDP that are not needed to be no forwarded.