Hello,

What product and processes would you recommend for documenting a campus
network. I'm looking for advice on products, tools, and best practices for
keeping a network map reasonably up-to-date. By campus network I mean a
large set of LANs with maybe one or two WANs.

I saw the info on NetCool, but it seems like overkill -- maybe more for
large enterprises and service providers and more of an umbrella network
management system rather than just solving the network map problem.

I realize a lot of people let their network maps get out of date! But any
advice from people who don't do that? ;-)

Thanks

Priscilla

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com